The original station opened here in 1926, once the railway company were convinced it would be profitable. It was demolished in 1988. The new station opened in the Howard Centre in September 1990.
The town’s new railway station in 1926.
The new station was opened in 1926 by Neville Chamberlain, who was minister of health at the time. F.H. Masters OBE (chairman of the parish council) is second from the right on the dias. Mr W.H.C. Horn, with white hair and bow tie is immediately to the left behind Chamberlain. The figure second from the left with glasses and a moustache is Sir Frederic Osborn.
A beautifully planted Howardsgate with WGC Station on the right. Beyond the railway line the Shredded Wheat factory can be seen. Photograph dated 19 July 1927.
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in