The bridge here in pre Garden City days was little more than a single track farm crossing, known locally as Hunter's Bridge after the farmer of Peartree Farm. It was widened in 1929 as the town grew and became a dual carriageway in 1960.
The first industry to settle in the town was A.D.Dawnay and Sons Ltd, structural engineers, who took a five acre site here in 1924 and stayed until 1969. They supplied much of the steel for the town's buildings.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/trillspa/public_html/towntrail.welwyngarden-heritage.org/templates/gk_creativity/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 144