Welwyn Foundry was on this site manufacturing general light castings such as pipes, boilers, manhole covers and guttering. The original street signs for WGC were made by the company and over 100 men were employed there.
Facing this site on the corner of Bridge Road East and Broadwater Road was Welwyn Garden City Laundry, built in 1924. It had its own vehicles for a collection and delivery service and was popular in the days before household washing machines.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/trillspa/public_html/towntrail.welwyngarden-heritage.org/templates/gk_creativity/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 144